Sending your art
files to STG
Artwork that creates mathematical info about shapes
and lines is called vectors. They can be scaled
easily without producing the "stair-step" edges you
will see in pixel-based (raster) images. They are
produced by programs like Adobe Illustrator, or
Images that are defined by a checker board pattern,
similar to mosaic tiles. Raster images are limited
by the number of pixels per inch and cannot be
enlarged without producing noticeably jagged,
stair-stepped edges. They are produced by digital
cameras, scanners, and programs like Adobe Photoshop
The measurement of quality of a raster image in
pixels per inch (ppi).
less than 100 ppi
* Medium-resolution: 100 to 299 ppi
more than 300 ppi
Solid, flat fields of a single ink color or
individual ink colors.
Pantone Matching System (PMS) colors are a system of
ink colors and generally considered spot colors.
Colors defined as a combination of three colors red,
green and blue. Computer monitors are RGB.
Colors defined using a combination of four colors
cyan, magenta, yellow and black to produce millions
of other colors; often referred to as the four-color
or full-color printing process.
For fastest service, send
your logo or artwork to STG Marketing via email
We evaluate the quality of artwork files according
to the industry's SM@RT guidelines for artwork
For more information, please visit Smart-Artwork.org.
When you digitally transmit your logo or artwork,
please follow the guidelines below to ensure that
your promotional items are processed quickly and
• Maximum email attachment file size: 10Mb.
• Files larger than 10Mb can be sent via
YouSendIt.com. A free service.
• Multiple files and any vector files should be
compressed. Use either STUFFIT or ZIP files.
• Artwork files may also be faxed to 888.224.2829 or
send a PDF via e-mail for verification.
PC or Macintosh artwork files are accepted in the
• Adobe Illustrator (.eps or ai) up to version CS2
• Adobe Photoshop (.psd, .eps, .tif, or .jpg) up to
• Adobe Acrobat (.pdf)
PREFERRED ARTWORK > VECTOR
Digital images are preferred as line art (vector
• Save files as an .EPS (encapsulated PostScript)
file or .AI (Adobe Illustrator) file.
• Vector artwork files must be written in the
• Type set on paths must be converted to outlines
• If the vector file contains any linked raster
images, please submit with the original file.
Linked or placed images need to meet the supplier's
minimum requirement for resolution when rendered at
100% actual imprint size.
ACCEPTABLE ARTWORK > RASTER
• In some cases, bitmapped/raster files, such as
TIFFs, may be acceptable if the image is as large as
possible and at a resolution of at least 600 dpi.
• Bitmap files should render images at 100 percent
of actual imprint size.
ACROBAT PDF FILES
• PDF files created from vector files need to retain
the editing capabilities of the program that was
used to create them (e.g. Illustrator or Freehand).
• PDF files that contain vector or raster elements
need to meet the minimum requirements as outlined by
• PDF files created from page layout documents
should be submitted together with the source
documents, fonts and all supporting files.
• Images that contain halftones, tints, grayscales
or are intended for process color separation should
have a bitmap resolution (pixels-per-inch) that is a
multiple of no less than than 150 to 200 percent of
the line screen frequency specified by the printing
• If your artwork is in color, please specify the
exact Pantone Matching System (PMS) colors used.
• The color space of images submitted for process
color separation should remain in the native RGB
color space to permit suppliers to apply their own
separation setup preferences
THE BAD NEWS
• Faxes, photocopies, business cards & letterheads
are NOT considered camera ready.
• Although programs like Microsoft Word and
Publisher are useful tools, they are not capable of
producing art files of a quality necessary for
• Images that are embedded within another file (such
as within a Microsoft Word or PowerPoint file) will
NOT work properly.
• For most applications, Internet graphics
(low-resolution JPGs, GIFs, and all other bitmap
files) are not considered acceptable artwork. These
files need to be redrawn in a vector based format.
We can provide this service for you for a nominal
FULL SERVICE ART DEPARTMENT
Your printed products are only as good as the
artwork that's provided. To insure the best quality
artwork for every order, STG Marketing offers a full
service graphic design and marketing services
department. Our graphic design department will be
happy to cleanup your artwork or logo for a nominal
fee, depending on complexity. Simple typesetting is
Our creative professionals can also create custom
artwork for your special product. We've designed
logos, t-shirts, brochures, mailers, rally towels,
custom characters, stuffed animals, and much, much
Fees are based on design requirements.
Call us at 706.894.1016 or e-mail
for a quote on developing custom artwork and/or